Set your own lock combination
Your new lock is pre-set at the factory to unlock at 0-0-0, even if the
dials show another number. Make sure you are able to open and close the
lock prior to setting your own combination. CAREFULLY follow each step
when setting your own combination.
1. Line up the default combination
0-0-0 on the side of the lock with the small circles between the dials.
2. Pull up the shackle, and swivel the shackle all the way to the right
so that its facing exactly opposite the direction that it started at.
This is the same as moving a clock hand from 12 o'clock to 6 o'clock.
3. PRESS FIRMLY down on the shackle and at the same time turn the
shackle back one quarter turn. (moving it from 6 o'clock back to 3
o'clock) Where the shackle is, "hold" into the down position.
4. Set your own combination on the face of the lock with the small
circles between the dials.
5. Finally, turn the shackle back to the 6 o'clock position--pull it all
the way up--turn the shackle back to 12 o'clock and lock the lock as